Thursday 11 October 2007

The Many faces of Liza Minnelli

Liza with her father, Vincente Minnelli, the night Liza won her Academy Award for Best Actress in Cabaret, 1972. (below)

With her Dear friend Bob Fosse (below) and with Roy Halston her clothing designer and good friend who died of AIDS in March 1990. (above)



In the early 70's with Bette Midler (above)

With her Godmother, Kay Thompson, in the early 80's. Liza is, at the moment, dedicating her concerts to a Kay Thompson tribute, and producing an album intitled 'The godmother and the god daughter'








Liza, giving it her all, the way she does with every performance.



This shot was taken by Angie when she saw Liza at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. An absolutely fabulous shot!
I love these pictures. I saw this top one on a website and I just loves the way it was designed. The picture you see below that has to be one of my favourites. I love this time in her life not only for her great sound, but for her trends. She really made clothes look cool and her hair is just fabulous!
This picture shows me how hard she works on that stage. No matter how tired she may be, she entertains us and gives us her all and makes sure we enjoy it! She has every right to a standing ovation. She works so hard for it.

Awww. The muppets. When I saw 'The Muppets Take Manhattan', I was expecting Liza to have a starring role in it. Little did I know that she only appears in a restaurant because Kermit took her picture off the wall.

This has got to be the most beautiful picture of Liza. It shows how every woman should look at this age. She looks simply breathtaking. I hope I look that good when I reach my 40's.

A very young Liza here. I'm guessing about 18 or 19. She had very long hair until she reached 20 when she cut it all off, starting one of the biggest trends and having her well known for her Elfin look.

I love this shot. This was the picture that was on the posters for her German concert appearance last year in Bonn. I was lucky enough to have been able to go.



This is such a cute picture. I love her hair. Great look and a great style. I think my favourite parts of Liza's life, the periods in time, are during the mid 80's moving into the early 90's. Her Stepping Out days. I loved the way she looked during "The Rink" and "Time to live" and she made a gradual move back into her 'Elfin' look. I just love it. Of course, I love her style now. After beating Ensephilitis of the brain, and being told she would never walk or talk again, She has beaten all her demons and she is back! She sounds fantastic she is looking great and I can't wait to see her in concert again. I managed to see her sing "God Bless America" for the US Open, on Youtube and she amazed me. She walked out infront of all those people and, even though she was a little shaky, she blew them away and meant every word of the song. She was simply amazing. I almost cried when the American flag was pulled over the court while she was singing. These people have gone through so much for their country and they were saying "We will stand together and unite and god will always bless our country" Simply fantastic.








No comments: