Monday 22 October 2007

But my father gave me my dreams

Here are a selection of beautiful pictures of Liza with her father, Director, Vincente Minnelli from 1947 to the early 1980's. Liza was definetly a daddy's girl as you can tell from these pictures. Liza is the oldest of two children fathered by Vincente. His other Daughter, Christiana Nina was born in 1955 to his second wife, Georgette Magnani. Vincente definetly lives on in liza. Not just through her trademark eyes but in her soul. She has always claimed that 'my mother gave me my drive but my father gave me my dreams', believing that anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself and believe in make believe. Sadly, Vincente passed away on July 26th 1986 in Beverly Hills, California, at the age of 83 from Alzeimers Disease, naturally devastating Liza, Tina nina and his fourth wife, Lee Anderson-Minnelli, not to mention his followers and his dedicated fans who had supported his career spanning over 50 years. Vincente was laid to rest in Burbank, California in Forest Lawn Memorial Park and although he is no longer with us, he will always live on through his movies, his pictures and in our hearts.












No comments: